The Event Management Certification is designed to prepare students for entry-level employment in event planning and management. The content includes the principles and practices of planning and organizing events, meetings, conferences, or conventions, and prepares students for employment opportunities. To give formal instructions and training to students to be future managers of the Event Industry and technical proficiency to effectively adjust, grow and excel in the field of Event Management.
Scope of Event Management
Events have a crucial role in life. Without events, life is incomplete and boring. We are social animals, thus it is feasible to meet people, converse with them, and exchange ideas. People agree that event organizers perform the busiest and most difficult responsibilities due to the increasing demands placed on them.
Outcomes:After the completion of this certificate, students would be able to:
- Determine event meeting objectives.
- Create a budget for a gathering or event.
- Prepare a location that will fit the needs of a particular group and its event or meeting goals.
- Provide the housing, food, entertainment, transportation, and communication requirements for an event or gathering.
- Maintain good communication during a meeting or event with attendees, suppliers, and support staff.
- Employ effective negotiation techniques in meeting arrangements.
- Development of traits, skillset, attitude and the drive to be a successful event planner.
|1||1||Introduction to Event Management|
|2||Preliminary Event analysis|
|2||3||Setup Organization (Backdrops, Walkways, Trussing, Floorings and Hangings)|
|4||Intimate Small Events|
- Understand and apply event management skills theoretically and practically.
- Importance of event management as a viable career choice.
- Ability to organize events, conferences & conventions
- Understanding and identification of business opportunities and market potential.
- Connecting with vendors & clients.
- 18 years and above
- The minimum education requirement is matriculation
Mode of Classes: