The qualification has been created to develop those learners who are looking to choose, or already have chosen, a career in a business-related sector. It is designed to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their core capabilities within the cyber security sector.
The outcome of the Diploma, which is a recognized UK qualification, is for learners to develop the skills required by organizations globally.
This diploma is about ‘cyber security as a holistic discipline. It examines both ‘cyber’ and ‘security’ domains which relate to IT security. It is therefore in most parts a non-technical qualification that looks at both cyber-technical and cyber-physical security threats, risks, responses and risk treatments. The core aim is to prepare administrators and executives to manage and operate generic, non-technical cyber security activities within a business, third sector or government organization.
Outcomes:Learners studying for the Level 3 Diploma will be expected to develop the following skills during the programme of study:
- the ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full understanding;
- the ability to think independently and solve problems
- applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems
- recognizing the moral and ethical issues of business practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- an appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of business and service provision
- capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject, in a mature way and engage in debate and dialogue both with specialists and non-specialists
- transferable skills and knowledge which will enable individuals to meet changing environments and risks
- motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
|Threat and Risk: Expecting the Unexpected||3||10||100||60|
|Network Architecture: Communications and Protocols||3||10||100||60|
|Mobile Device and Data Risks||3||10||100||60|
|Investigations and Incident Response||3||10||100||60|
|Solutions: Future-Proofing your Business||3||10||100||60|
|EU GDPR and Data Security||3||10||100||60|
|Incident Response, Investigations and Forensics||4||20||200||120|
|Security Strategy: Laws, Policies and Implementation||4||20||200||120|
|Cyber Security Threats and Risk: Banking and Finance||4||20||200||120|
Benefits:The QUALIFI Level 3 Diploma in Cyber Security Management and Operations aims to give learners the opportunity to:
- develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required for success in employment
- progress to a related Level 4 professional qualification including the QUALIFI Level 4 Cyber Security Diploma
- undertake specialist study relevant to individual vocations and environments in which learners are currently working, or in which learners are aiming to work within the business sector
- develop their ability to contribute positively to cyber security good practice in the business environment through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in the qualifications
- develop skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life and thereby enabling learners to make an immediate contribution to employment.
- Learner must have completed grade 10 (16years over)
- IT/computer proficiency (will require any IT-related courses or diplomas done and will also be assessed at enrolment)
- English proficiency (will require any English-related courses or diplomas done and will also be assessed at enrolment)
Mode of Classes: